Saturday, November 1, 2014

School's out! x BKK trip

School's out! Time for every other nonsensical things life has in store for me!

Haven't been updating this space due to all the crazy workload(and mostly my own laziness), but I'll try t do so more often now that i've more free time to spare!

So Grace and I went on a spontaneousness trip to Bangkok immediately right after her exams on friday! Damn talking about #yolo lol. So basically we as a typical Singaporean youngsters, we shop and eat all day, errrrri-day.  Went around the city trying out the local street stall has got to be the most rewarding part of this trip! So much hidden gem! I should probably do a proper post on the goodies in bkk someday but here's some photos for all you hungry people out there!  

One of the streetsnacks I found around Pratunam. It's like your eggroll wrapped with minced pork and cheese sausage. Quite an interesting mixture of savoury and sweetness haha.




My all time favourite in Bangkok! They are so tasty i would eat a dozen everytime I'm in bangkok lol. just kidding, I dont eat that many but I do grab them every time I have the chance to. Oh and I even bought them back to Singapore w me. Bringing my kiasu-ism to a whole new level #proudsingaporean.


How could we miss going to the famous After you cafe right?! There are outlets all around the city but the most popular one with tourist has to be the one at Siam Paragon due to it's accessibility. I would actually advise those instagrammes who wants a nicer shot to visit the outlet at the mall opposite Paragon or the Thonglor outlet as they have windows that allow natural light. Well, just saying lah, I went to the Siam paragon outlet and the food still taste awesome anyway. This time round we forsake the usual honey toast and lava cake since we both have tried them before. Ordered the Ferreo toast and Soft baked sundae. The sundae tasted like Ice-cream on melted cookies but in a good way lol. Simillar to subway cookies but way more soft and yummier. But the Ferrero toast wasn't quite what I expected, I still prefer the Honey Toast lah, just a personal preference (: 
Found these special Halloween Macarons at Napat Cafe located in Chatuchak and they have the cutest macarons in bangkok!. Aparently the owner is also a social media junkie and she update her instagram with all the super yummy food photos you can get in bangkok!  You can check her out at @aum_napat on instagram! 

Pad thai at the Platinum Mall food court cause both of us were to lazy to go out after the whole day of shopping. The noodles in gravy turn out to be quite yummy! 

Tadaa, my all time favourite lunch spot in Chatuchak. They have the best garlic pork! This is something I must have everytime I'm there too. zomg I can eat 2 plates of this at one go please lol.


We travelled down Thonglor wanting to have the famous crabmeat wanton mee but sadly the uncle is no longer selling over at the usual spot. So we tried the new stall and ordered tom yam from the stall beside, and they turned out to be pretty nice too! Having tom-yam in rainy weather just makes everything less gloomy.
Last but not least, SabSab wanton mee! This place is popular with tourist for their wanton mee and pork trotter. They only open from 9am to 3pm and it's always filled with hungry people. Good thing is the staff actually speaks chinese so tourist need not worry about ordering from them! 


Alright, writing this photo-heavy post is sucking all that little remaining energy out of me. Shall end off the post with a photo of us. Thank you auntie for the happy trip! Looking forward to the next one! *p/s: the sun was so bright we could barely open our eyes loh. 

Till next time (soon i promise :x)




No comments:

Post a Comment